Thursday, April 27, 2006

What a great morning!

Sooo...If things keep going this way, the pin-up section of Hard 8 is going to be better than the book itself. I had talked to Stephen Silver briefly about Hard 8 last week, and yesterday evening I gave him some reference material for a possible Hard 8 pin-up. Stephen's quite the busy guy, so I didn't expect anything (but secretly, I was really hoping he'd find the time to do a lil' something). "You've got a few weeks before the deadline," I told him, "but no pressure." So this morning I'm sitting in my cube, finally awake after my second cup of coffee, and he pops in, cheerful as ever... "Hey, man. Here ya go!" He hands me a gorgeous original color drawing of Hard 8, and needless to say, I was ecstatic. Here's a sneak peek (you can see the whole thing in the Hard 8 comic, after I clean my drool off of it).

A HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to Stephen for being a part of the Hard 8 project!

4 comments:

Bixby Snipes said...

Fantastic!

I'm so glad that Stephen Silver was able to do a pin-up!

Brian Growe said...

Man, that's so awesome! Thanks Mr. Silver!

chia said...

Wow!! very cool!!

Garrett Shikuma said...

Awesome stuff! Thanks so much Steve for doing it! Looks enticing...cant wait for everyone to see the whole thing!